ACC578_Assignment 2_ Fraud Risk Assessment
Assignment 2_Fraud Risk Assessment
Due January 22, 2019 – by 18:00 HRS / 6:00PM EST
Scenario – In your role as a corporate controller at Dingwow Inc., you have been charged by senior management with assessing the company’s risk exposure to fraud and techniques that could be implemented to detect fraud.
Using the Internet to research risks associated with fraud, effective techniques that could be used to prevent or detect fraud, and the roles and responsibilities within the organization for preventing and detecting fraud.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Determine the types of exposure to fraud that the company could be exposed to and the related consequences to the organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Evaluate tools and techniques that are the most effective in preventing and detecting fraud, making a recommendation for the tool that has the highest cost-benefit factor. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Evaluate the roles and responsibilities in the company to prevent and detect fraud, indicating how a culture of integrity can be created within these roles.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment.
NOTE: Wikipedia and similar Websites do NOT qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1” margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
- Include a cover page and the reference page are NOT included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the use of data analysis and automated processes for fraud detection within business systems.
- Examine management’s responsibilities for fraud prevention processes and the establishment of proper controls.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in fraud prevention and detection.
- Write clearly and concisely about fraud prevention and detection using proper writing mechanics.
Marketing Information Systems
You work for an automobile manufacturer that offers a complete line of vehicles, from full-size pickups and luxury sport-utility vehicles (SUVs) to economy cars and hybrids. After analyzing the recent changes in consumers’ buying habits, your manager wants you to create a marketing information system for the firm. The system should help the firm identify early trends in the marketing environment.
Begin your post by describing an automobile type from the line of vehicles that you will use for the remainder of your post.
Then, create a 300- to 400-word response to any two of the following bullet points:
- Identify the variables in the marketing environment that need to be monitored to recognize and predict trends.
- Explain the need to monitor trends for each of the identified environmental variables.
- Describe how you will monitor these trends.
- Describe the role of marketing research in understanding how consumers’ perception of these trends impacts their selection of this automobile.
Be sure to properly cite your sources using APA; include your references and in-text citations. Comment on the postings of your classmates. Do you agree with their position? Why or why not?
Assume you are the IT manager for an organization tasked with evaluating whether or not to deploy internal wireless access for employeesClick here to order similar paper @Tutoriage.us. 100% Original.Written from scratch by professional writers.
Assume you are the IT manager for an organization tasked with evaluating whether or not to deploy internal wireless access for employees. Write a three to five-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) discussing the advantages and disadvantages of implementing a WLAN in your organization. Compare the benefits and risks of three security methods, then identify and justify the best approach for securing a WLAN.
You must include a minimum of two scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, with a minimum of one source from peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library. Your paper must be formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The WLANs paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly, peer reviewed, and other credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Based upon a fictitious organization of your choosing, you are to offer insight regarding three identified threatsClick here to order similar paper @Tutoriage.us. 100% Original.Written from scratch by professional writers.
Based upon a fictitious organization of your choosing, you are to offer insight regarding three identified threats, where one must come from each of the three broad threat/hazard groups of natural, technological/accidental, and adversarial/human-caused risks. (For additional information and examples, refer to the Strategic National Risk Assessment). Regarding these threats, you are to provide details that address the following activities that will collectively produce a comprehensive security plan. In addition, highlight issues that you feel are in need of attention by the security industry to adequately deal with such risks moving forward.
- Contingency Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Crisis Management Activities
- Business Recovery Efforts
- This assignment should be a six (6) page report (not including title page and reference list).
- Provide at least six (6) scholarly sources in your paper.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the APA 6 Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework for this class. See http://www.apus.edu/content/dam/online-library/resources-services/Fuson_2012_APA.pdf
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize: books, peer reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc. (may be electronic of course and the APA manual lists all the types of possible resources and reference formats, hint…hint), and valid web sites (use caution with these).
Throughout this class you have examined a product of the Waters Bottling Company and addressed market concepts/ theories that will play a role in the success or failure of that given product.
Using the Waters Bottling Company in Module 1, continue to build the Marketing Plan Sections for the product you have selected/ created. Complete the following in MS Word: Be concise but complete in your analysis of each plan element. Your employer wants to know you have left nothing out in your analysis.
This assignment represents Section 5 of the Marketing Plan. Use the guide to identify the sections of the Marketing Plan and the marketing elements contained therein. This assignment will focus on Section 5– Personal Selling & Global Markets (Module 5).
Section 5 – Promotion Mix/ Personal Selling & Global Markets (Module 5 LASA 2)
- Promotion Mix
- Personal Selling
- Sales Promotion
- Direct Marketing
- Public Relations
- Brand Management
- Branding Strategies
- Emotional Branding
- Brand Extension
- Global Markets
- Opportunities & Challenges
- Marketing Implementation & Evaluation
- Careers in Marketing
You will create a complete Marketing Plan by the end of the course. You will write the Fifth and last section of the Marketing Plan for this assignment. Use the Marketing Plan guide to identify the sections of the Marketing Plan and the marketing elements contained therein. This assignment will focus on Section 5 – The Promotion Mix/ Personal Selling & Global Markets (Module 5).
Relate all responses using the WBC scenario and the product you have selected to market in Module 1.
Create a 4 page Word document for this Marketing Plan Section. Apply a standard business writing style using the Market Planning Guide sections as your (headers/ sub heads/ bullets) to your work. Be sure to cite your work in the APA format.
Milestone 2: Outside Factors & Effective Treatment
Southern New Hampshire University
There are many factors that can influence the treatment for autistic children. These factors include environmental, culture and family. Environmental factors concerning the onset of autism is an essential area of study. Genetic factor has been associated with the onset of autism as well. Parents who have been exposed to teratogens have substantiated factors that stimulate the chance of autism (Castro et al., 2016). Environmental factors of autism include maternal age, multiple pregnancies in a short period, inadequate prenatal care and low birth weight. Children who are associated with autism can experience a delay in brain development. There are many risk factors that are associated with autism. They include the parents age during the time of conception, maternal nutrition, inflection during pregnancy and prematurity.
In some cases individuals’ can be hereditarily prone to autism. Children can develop symptoms of autism based on their environment. Vaccines have been linked to the onset of autism. Also, an individual’s genetic predisposition can cause autism (Reynolds & Dombeck, 2006).
Parents of autistic children tend to suffer from multiple factors. Parents can exhibit an increase in stress, a poor quality of marriage, depression, anxiety and increased anger (Magana & Smith, 2006). Clinicians consider how cultural values, such as religion, can influence the diagnosis, treatment and welfare of families. Religion can also influence the treatment of a child with autism. South Asian Muslim’s believe that doctors undermine their children (Ennis-Cole, Durodoye & Harris, 2013). In some culture and religion, parents believe that an autistic child is a punishment from God. Also, some cultures are less likely than others to receive regular visits to the physicians. Culture can also play a role when viewing signs and symptoms of autism. Some parents do not realize that their child is experience symptoms of autism. Parents are more likely to experience developmental delays before social issues (Mandell & Novak, 2005). Cultures conflicts in the treatment options for children who have been diagnosed with autism. Some cultures will reach out to non-professionals before seeking professional help.
Parents of individuals with ASD have also shown a willingness to persist with this strategy of using diverse treatments that include those without empirical support, or even those that are harmful, despite evidence of ineffectiveness (Offit & Jew, 2003). Parents use treatments that work at cross-purposes to each other. Having children conduct in multiple treatments make it difficult to evaluate the effectiveness of any single treatment or specific combination of treatments for a given individual (Green et al, 2006). Parents can be dissatisfied with certain treatment options.
Since cultural factors are combined with thoughts and behaviors. Families address abnormalities in their children’s development differently from other parents of different cultures (Pachter & Harwood, 1996). This can influence various intervention strategies. Children were sometimes being treated for autism, but not displaying and signs and symptoms. There are some children who are currently being screening for autism, but are not displaying any signs or symptoms (Monteiro et al., 2015). This is delaying the progress and intervention of those children who actually have autism. Treatment for autism depends on the severity of the disorder. Treatment for autism includes therapy and other intervention strategies.
It can be concluded that there are many sociocultural and environmental factors that have been linked to the onset of autism. Some researchers have concluded that autism is due to sociological than biological factors. Parents can seek resources to assist with their child’s autism diagnosis. School systems can cause a delay in the diagnosis of autism.
Castro, K., da Silveira Klein, L., Baronio, D., Gottfried, C., Riesgo, R., & Perry, I. S. (2016). Folic acid and autism: What do we know?. Nutritional Neuroscience, 19(7), 310-317. doi:10.1179/1476830514Y.0000000142
Ennis-Cole, D., Durodoye, B. A., & Harris, H. L. (2013). The Impact of Culture on Autism Diagnosis and Treatment: Considerations for Counselors and Other Professionals. The Family Journal, 21(3), 279-287. doi:10.1177/1066480713476834
Green, V A, Pituch, K A, Itchon, J, Choi, A, O’Reilly, M & Sigafoos, J (2006). Internet survey of Treatments used by parents of children with autism. Research in Developmental
Disabilities, 27, 70-84. http://dx.doi.org/10/1016/j.rdd.2004.12.002
Kheirouri, S., Kalejahi, P., & Noorazar, S. G. (2016). Plasma levels of serotonin, gastrointestinal symptoms, and sleep problems in children with autism. Turkish Journal Of Medical Sciences, 46(6), 1765-1772. doi:10.3906/sag-1507-68
Magana, S & Smith, M (2006). Psychological distress and well-being of Latina and Non-Latina
White mothers of youth and adults with an autism spectrum disorder: cultural
Attitudes towards co-residence status. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 76,
Mandell, D & Novak, M (2005). The role of culture in families’ treatment decisions for children with autism spectrum disorders. Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities
Research Reviews, 11, 110-115.
Monteiro, S. A., Spinks-Franklin, A., Treadwell-Deering, D., Berry, L., Sellers-Vinson, S., Smith, E., Voigt, R. G. (2015). Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children Referred for Diagnostic Autism Evaluation. Clinical Pediatrics, 54(14), 1322-1327. doi:10.1177/0009922815592607
Offit, P A & Jew, R K (2003). Addressing parents’ concerns: Do vaccines contain harmful
Preservations, adjuvants, additives or residuals? Pediatrics, 112(6), 1394-1404.
Pachter, L & Harwood, R (1996). Culture and child behavior and psychosocial
Development. Dev Behav Pediatr, 17:191-198.
Reynolds, T., & Dombeck, M. (2006). Historical/Contemporary Theories of Cause and Genetic
Contributions. Retrieved from https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/historical-contemporary-theories-of-cause-and-genetic-contributions/
analyzing a subject you find in attached link related to a threat to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of dataClick here to order similar paper @Tutoriage.us. 100% Original.Written from scratch by professional writers.
Write at least 500 words analyzing a subject you find in attached link related to a threat to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of data. Use an example from the news.